Monday, March 1, 2010

Proud owner of ultimate luxury


Does this symbol of a three pointed star remind you of something in particular? Since I was a child and I realized that cars interest me, this symbol has reminded me of the epitome in luxury sedans – Mercedes Benz. Recently with global auto makers targeting Indian market, there are options, but a Mercedes will never loose its charm. Being a true desi I have always secretly wished to own a Mercedes one day, and I always thought that I’ll be able to afford one, at least when I’ll be nearing my retirement age. But my friend up there had different plans. He made sure that my first car is an EFFING MERCEDES BENZ C280 - Aiiieee jhakaas! Yes I’m the proud owner of this mean beauty baby, which I bought in New Zealand! Man – it feels good.

It’s a grape red (dark dark maroonish) colored, 4 door luxury sedan with a factory fitted 12CD changer and a sun roof (Rest all is also there, but these were the highlights). Can you believe that the front seats can be adjusted in 6 different ways all electronically.

Although I bought this car about a month back, but I am writing about it today because I got the feeling of ultimate luxury very recently. Not that I dint get it before, but that day it really sinked in. I woke up late on a lazy Saturday, brushed my teeth, slipped in my shorts and muddy floaters – half sleepy, drove my Mercedes to the near by super store and bought a bread! Man, the feeling soaked in that day. I drive Merc to buy bread – unlike those who clean it everyday in their garage & take it out on that special once-in-a-lifetime occasion to impress their neighbors (or worst - relatives)! I was swell the whole day and especially while enjoying my bread toast.

Attaching a few pictures to make some of you jealous and some of you proud, of me.



In the streets of New Zealand, if you spot a sexy Mercedes, with windows rolled down, sun roof open and loud dhinchak bhangda music playing, come over and say ‘Hi’. It would be nice.

4 comments:

Shruti said...

yay yay yay! Success suits you well Bhaiya. The best part is that you carry it off with a disarming air. Congratulations! You do realise you are setting very high benchmarks. Love & hugs :)

Rahul Rajvanshi said...

@Asha: Sure. I'll try and smuggle it in my suitcase! Cant afford the duty you see.

@Shruti: Thanks sister. Benchmarks are for competition to feel and achieve. U r 'with me' in every success. Love & hugs :)

Serendipity said...

As always, I loved your writing!! This one seems more fluid, natural and unpretentious - something which I adore...The only thing which I don't like about your blogs is that each one makes me crave more and more for the next one!

Rahul Rajvanshi said...

@Mansi: Ha ha. Thanks. But if you see, that how it is with all good things or experiences in life. You just cant have one. Like Chocolate, sex. Geee.